As a law firm, Arora Zbar LLP (“we”, or “us”) if we provide you legal services, we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information (your “Info”) in order to provide our legal services directly to you, through our website, e-mail, social media and other digital services (collectively the “Platform”).
By providing info to us via any form of communication, you consent and authorize us and our third-party service providers to Use your Info. We are not responsible for the use of your Info if you provide it to 3rd parties through a link or 3rd party platform, rather than directly to us.
What info do we collect?
- Contact info such as name, email, phone # and address;
- Identification and verification info to comply with client identification, anti-money laundering and source of funds verification;
- Marketing, recruitment, billing, and financial info;
- Info provided to us and relating to the provision of our services; and
- Info pertaining to website usage, tracking technology and platform optimization.
Please ensure that you have consent from other parties before providing info about other parties.
We do not knowingly collect info from persons under the age of 16 (“minors”). Please do not provide us with info pertaining to minors without the express consent of a guardian or parent. If we have inadvertently collected info from minors without guardian or parental consent, we will take immediate steps to delete the info from our servers.
Do not send us confidential info until we have confirmed in writing that we represent you or your organization. Unsolicited info and communications from non-retained clients do not establish a lawyer-client relationship and thus may not be privileged.
How do we collect info?
We collect info from you during:
- Client intake and verification;
- The provision of our legal services;
- Billing and administrative matters pertaining to our legal services; and
- When you provide us info through our platform or through any means of communication.
How do we use your info?
We may use your info with explicit or implied consent to:
- Provide legal services and operate our law firm;
- Verify your identity and comply with applicable laws;
- To ensure our platform is functioning optimally;
- For marketing and business development purposes;
- For recruitment and human resources purposes;
- To enforce our legal rights and comply with applicable law;
- To allow for reorganization and restructuring of our firm; and
- Any such purpose as deemed reasonably beneficial for the client or for the operation of the Arora Zbar LLP.
Who may we share your info with?
As part of our provision of legal services and compliance with applicable law, we may share your info with:
- 3rd party service providers involved in the provision of our platform and services. We contractually protect your info and limit data that is shared to what is minimally necessary for 3rd party service providers to perform their function.
- Law enforcement and governmental entities as required by law or to fulfil our legal obligations.
- Entities for the purposes of our law firm being part of a merger, acquisition, financing, sale of assets or similar transaction as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
How long do we keep your info?
We keep info only as long as needed to fulfil the purposes above and fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations. Depending on the nature of your matter, that may be up to 10 years.
Where do we store your Info and does your Info cross international borders?
As a tech-forward firm, we store your data on the cloud. Some info may be stored or accessed when we use the services of 3rd party service providers. You consent to transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence and acknowledge that your info may be subject to the regulations and data privacy standards of other countries.
Arora Zbar LLP will, wherever possible, contractually obligate 3rd party service providers to adhere to Canadian data privacy regulations and privacy laws.
How do we protect your info?
To protect your info, we do the following:
- Follow industry standard data protection security standards while processing your info; and
- We adhere to our privacy best-practices and regularly train staff and audit our systems to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, and use.
No method of transmission or storage is 100% secure. We cannot and do not guarantee the security thus any info shared with us is at your own risk.
What rights do you have regarding your info?
- The right to inquire if we are processing your info and request a copy of your info;
- The right to accuracy, thus we are required to keep your info up-to-date and complete; and
- The right to request that we correct inaccuracies or omissions in your info.
You also have the right to make a complaint to data protection authorities which is usually particular to the province or country that you reside.
Who do I contact with questions or concerns?
Arora Zbar LLP
Suite 400 – 601 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4C2